Workers Urged to Use Caution in Wake of Hurricane Sandy
Weeks after Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast, many residents were still struggling to recover. Thankfully, Massachusetts was not hit as hard by the super storm as some other New England states.
If you would like to assist the victims of Hurricane Sandy as well, there are numerous charitable organizations that can use your donations, including:
- The Red Cross — Provides food, shelter and emotional support as well as other assistance.
- New York Blood Center — Needs to replenish blood supplies after the storm forced the cancelation of more than 100 blood drives.
- Salvation Army — Provides food through dozens of mobile feeding units. Also provides shelter at long-standing shelters.
- Feeding America — Distributes emergency food, water and supplies to victims.
- Americares — Provides medicine and other supplies to victims.
- WorldVision — Distributes blankets, clothing and emergency food to families and children.
- Save the Children — Provides relief to families and children.
- Samaritan’s Purse — Seeks volunteers to help victims of Hurricane Sandy.